Thursday, March 13, 2008

The parents have landed

Last night I got three, count them, three hours of sleep. I got to the hotel back in Santiago around 12:30, got to sleep around 3 and back up at 6 to go BACK to the airport this morning.... good times (sense the sarcasm). But Mom & Dad made it in with only a slight delay so all was well in the end.

They arrived preeeetty tired and Dad has a bad cold so today we decided to just "chill" and spend the day getting them settled in and acclimated. We're staying in nice little fully complete apartment so we went grocery shopping so we can have some meals here and then briefly visited Edgar y Maria. And I drove for my first time in Santiago and, so far, no accidents... or tickets!

Tomorrow the "official" tour begins. You have to be tough to travel with me! No sickies allowed... at least not past day one. :-)

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Did you drive a car or a golf cart? Because we've all heard of your reputation with the golf carts. If it was a car, then my only advice would be to watch where you stash your lip gloss...otherwise, I think you'd do fine!

I miss you! Come home already...would you?!