Saturday, March 1, 2008

This weekend does not rock

Yeah, it's been pretty much like I expected. Last night I got home and.... studied. This morning I got up, showered and.... studied. Blech. Today I spent about 6 hours working on TWO assignments. But at least I got them done... and that just leaves one more biggie for tomorrow, whew!

Although somewhere in the midst of the 6 hours of studying today, I found time to have a cool outdoor lunch with Edgar, Maria and 3 of their granddaughters. One of their sons has 6 children, which is extremely unusual for a Chilean family. They seem to come and go at random intervals and without warning and, so, today we had these three for lunch. Left to right in the picture is Isadora, Maria Ignacia, Maria, Edgar y Haviera. Sweet girls. You can barely make it out in the foreground of the table, but there is a pitcher of green liquid... that is Edgar's homemade, 100% all-natural grape juice that he personally squeezes from those grapevines there above the table. Man, I'm gonna miss that juice!

Tomorrow morning I plan to go to Mass with Maria to experience a Chilean Catholic church and then come home to... study. Are we sensing a theme here yet?

Oh, and I also found a little time to walk to the grocery store tonight and got a picture of the amazing bread I have previously waxed philosophical about. See that long slot behind the bottom bins? That is where the freshly baked bread comes pouring out, like bread straight from Heaven. It was still warm when I put it in my bag tonight. It remains a tear-inducing experience.

2 comments:

Julie Garner said...

Your name sake is at home. She is beautiful and such a sweet little baby. Can't wait for you to meet her!

We love you and I miss you, Chica!

Steve B said...

I've been reading your blog and am looking forward to coming to Chile! Send any info I need to know to Wayne's email. I am in Lanc. and getting ready to go to my mom's and then to wrestling. I love you. Dad