Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thailand... and Some Random Funniness

We made it to Bangkok! I am SOOO excited to be here!! But, as India's final parting gift to us, Sarah and I both contracted some sort of stomach virus on our last day there. AMAZINGLY grateful that it didn't hit until we were in the very nice (read: clean) airport, considering what every other facility up to that point had been like. Could have been really ugly. So while indescribably happy that it didn't happen while IN India, pretty bummed that it has taken up our whole first day in Thailand. Between the stomach bug and missing a night of sleep due to the red-eye flight (why, WHY did we take a 3:30 am flight?!), Sarah slept for an inconceivable 21 straight hours. So, yeah, that was Day One in Thailand.

So since I have nothing of any real interest to write today (believe me, you don't want the details), I thought I would post some of the funny signs I've seen along the way that have made me laugh here and there; if any are too small to make out, you can click on them to make them bigger. Hope you find them as amusing as I did:
.
CANADA:






I still maintain that this one was put up by a couple of horny, desperate college guys.







SPAIN:





We tried to explain to the two Spanish girls we were with why we found this so amusing, but it was definitely lost in the translation.






TURKEY:







Oooh, so to SAVE water, I flush twice instead of once, right? Wait, how does that save water again...?











Well, chickens do roost....











I like that you can be surfing the internet while getting a tattoo. Convenience at its finest. Unless of course the guy doing the tattoo is also surfing the internet....











Man, you really HAVE to be a Don Juan to go through a gross of condoms...















... and just in case you need a little help getting through the whole gross, here is just the thing for that.







JORDAN:




I love the first line. I keep picturing myself fleeing the burning building in a panic and then thinking "Well, they did tell me not to worry, so maybe I'll just go back to bed... "






UNITED ARAB EMIRATES:




What about if I only have eatables?










I had this whole section of the store all to myself. I felt so special...






HONG KONG:









Read the fine print. And be sure to buy your electronics from this store BEFORE the New Year. After that, all bets are off.














The warning in the middle says "Danger: Deep Water". Apparently, drowning in 6" of water is a much bigger problem in Hong Kong than I realized.












You just never know when you're going to see a flame go streaking across the street in Hong Kong. Good thing there are warnings.












Mmm, saliva chicken. My only question is why this one hasn't yet caught on in American Chinese restaurants?







INDIA:










Geesh, then why even bother getting on the internet?










Kind of fluent and, yet, not.









"Waitress, I would like the California rolls for dessert. And, what the heck, throw in some raw tuna while you're at it."

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Saliva Chicken has been found in our Chinese restaurants...just FYI. We simply call it, Chicken & Broccoli or General Tso's or Sweet & Sour Chicken. It's all the same...(insert spitting sound here)

You're funny! And I'm glad you're feeling better. I want a bed in the movie theater here...nice!